Under indirect supervision, this position performs all technical, diagnostic, and therapeutic services. Performs other duties as assigned to ensure smooth operation of the department.
Position requires full range of body mechanics including the ability to lift 50 lbs without assistance. Must be able to reach, stoop and bend while maintaining proper body position. Must manage physically aggressive patients and the capability to be independently mobile. Must work within a limited space and in a bright and low-lighted control area. Hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform examinations observe patient, read monitors and documents and hear equipment alarms. Manual dexterity to sufficiently operate radiographic equipment and the ability to perform tasks for a long period of time. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Must work effectively in stressful conditions.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all diagnostic Radiology procedures efficiently and in accordance with departmental policies.
- Chart, record and report all diagnostic examinations in the appropriate places according to departmental and regulatory requirements.
- Clean and maintain equipment and maintain the department area in a neat, orderly and professional manner.
- Charge for all procedures/examinations accurately and timely.
- Strictly adhere to all infection control policies.
- Maintain supplies in the appropriate areas to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience with general radiology, orthopedics and pain management/block suite setting.
- Must be familiar with PACS system and digital radiography.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Certified or applied certification for with the South Carolina Radiation Standards Association.
- CPR certified
The position is located in Mt. Pleasant, SC.