ASC – Same Day Surgery Center
Welcome the new Expanded Same Day Surgery Center at Southeastern Spine
It used to be that when you needed surgery, including back surgery, you had to go to the hospital.
The Southeastern Spine Institute has a new state-of-the-art building and created an expanded Ambulatory Surgery Center ( ASC) to better care for their all their patients.
Now treating Hips, Knees, Shoulders, Arms and Wrists as well as spine issues – Same Day Surgery Center is a modern, fully equipped facility for most outpatient surgical procedures.
Our ASC contains the same surgical and safety equipment and personnel you’d find in a hospital surgical suite, but you don’t have to check into a hospital and you will be exposed to much less infections.
The Advantages of our Same Day ASC
- Convenient location. The Southeastern Spine Institute’s ASC is located on the same campus as its examination rooms, X-rays and MRIs, pharmacy, labs, pain management and physical therapy facilities.
- Shorter wait time. If you wanted to have your procedure in a hospital, you often have to wait for it. The operating room has to be scheduled, the doctors and support staff have to be brought together and the hospital administration staff has to oversee every step in the process. If you opt for having your procedure in an ambulatory surgery center, there is very little wait time.
- Same Day Surgery available. The physicians at SSI follow a conservative handbook, meaning they always try non-surgical options first. If, however, your physician determines that you need surgery to relieve your pain and finally resolve your health issues, you can have your operation on the same day as an outpatient.That night, you’ll be home recuperating.
- Lower overall costs. A hospital, as you can imagine, has lots of overhead. That’s one reason hospital bills are so high. An ASC, on the other hand, is a smaller, dedicated space, keeping costs down. As a result, you’ll pay less for your procedure if it’s done in an ASC instead of in a hospital.
- Outpatient procedure. Because no expensive overnight stay is required after the procedure, you can recuperate at home. Overnight stays contribute to the higher prices hospitals charge, but at SSI, you’ll be home with a complete set of doctor instructions on how to care for yourself as you heal.
- Targeted service and more privacy. Hospitals are worse than hotels when it comes to privacy. You share your room, your nurse and your operating room. When you use the ASC at SSI, the surgeons, nurses and facility specialize in spinal medicine. Also, since the ASC is on the SSI campus, you don’t have to be wheeled through a series of corridors. You’re right there, which equates to more privacy.