Responsible for providing effective customer service for all new and existing patients by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of practice services as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Exceed patient expectations by providing first call resolution with insight and a strong knowledge of services.
- Developing knowledge of patient needs and trends to improve patient satisfaction and loyalty.
- Schedule appointments and review appointment date, time, location, and provider with patient.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understand when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of high-level, customer service experience in a healthcare setting