Works to ensure reimbursement and collections for patients’ treatment expenses and also keeps track of accounts receivable and billing invoices while communicating with individuals or insurance companies to obtain reimbursement.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with insurance companies to verify patient eligibility, process patients claims, and ensure payments are received properly.
- Assists in ensuring appropriateness of CPT-4/ICD-9 coding and determines if care provided corresponds to the charges submitted.
- Processes charge ticket reconciliation and end of day balancing.
- Processes co-pay insurance collection
- May assist in identifying fraudulent non-plan billing practices and assists the legal department with litigation preparation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a medical office
- Experience with account ledgers
- Familiarity with coding ICD-9 and CPT
- Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with medical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated, team player, and attention to detail
The position is located in Mt. Pleasant, SC.